BrainCheck Research Grant
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS ON A ROLLING BASIS
BrainCheck is committed to advancing research for the evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and care associated with neurological related diseases, disorders, or symptoms, such as Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias (ADRD), post-operative delirium, stroke, traumatic brain injury, COVID-19, along with many more. The BrainCheck Grant Program will provide awardees with research funding and unlimited access to the BrainCheck platform during their research grant period.
Request for proposal - Released
Notification of Award
We are currently accepting new grant applications on a rolling basis.
The BrainCheck Grant will fund up to two projects. Awards are for up to $5,000 (in total direct costs) budgeted over a maximum of 12 months and are non-renewable.
ELIGIBILITY | Institution
Applicant institutions can be higher education institutions (colleges, universities, medical or nursing schools etc.), medical centers, health systems, commercial organizations, or non-profits.
ELIGIBILITY | Principal Investigator
- Any individual with necessary skills, knowledge, and resources may work with their organization to develop an application.
- Applicants must either hold a faculty or research scientist position at an eligible institution or be qualified to serve as a Principal Investigator at their organization.
Applications from researchers at the early stage of their careers are encouraged to apply for funding.
The BrainCheck Grant is open to research related to any brain-related diseases. However, we are particularly interested in supporting research in the field of ADRD to advance in the following topics, but not limited to:
- Increase representation of population diversity
- Combine or compare biology and digital biomarkers of disease for prevention, diagnosis, and prognosis
- Increase remote or in-person cognitive screening, assessment and monitoring for older adults
- Detect cognitive decline and disease in primary care or community settings
- Early detection of cognitive decline and disease
- Dementia care and caregiver support/education
- Therapeutic interventions to treat, prevent, and/or mitigate disease progression
Studies must be planned to begin within 3 months of award. Research proposals must include at least one of the BrainCheck products below:
- BrainCheck Cognitive Assessment: Digital assessments of cognitive function in multiple cognitive domains. Learn more about our available assessments here.
- BrainCheck® CARE™: Streamlined cognitive care planning to deliver a comprehensive care plan to the patient and their care partner after diagnosis. Learn more about BrainCheck® CARE™.